Dylan and I have been making guacamole for years now, and I feel like we’ve really perfected our recipe. Today I’m excited to partner with Del Monte Fresh to share my favorite guacamole recipe. With summer quickly approaching, guacamole is one of those side dishes I’m always making to bring to picnics and barbecues.
Homemade guacamole is always so much better than store bought, so I don’t mind taking the extra time to make it on my own. Once you have the recipe down, it goes really quickly. Okay, let’s drive right into the recipe! I’m getting hungry as I type this out!
- 2 Del Monte Fresh Avocados
- 1 Tomato, Diced
- 1-2 Garlic Cloves, Minced
- 1/2 Cup Red Onion, Chopped
- Juice from 1/2 a Lemon
- 1/4 Cup Jalapeños (I use the kind in the jar so things don’t get too spicy, feel free to add more or less depending on how spicy you want your guacamole to be)
- 1/4 Cup Cilantro, Chopped
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- Tortilla Chips for Dipping
- Cut avocado in half, remove the flesh, and discard the seed. Mash the flesh with a fork to the consistency of your liking. I like to leave some chunks in mine.
- Add the diced tomato, onion, garlic, lemon juice, jalapenos, cilantro, salt, and pepper. Stir everything together & give it a taste. Do a quick taste test & determine if you need to add more of anything. Taste testing is the best part!
- Once everything is perfected based on your tastes, store the guacamole in an air tight ziplock bag or put saran wrap directly on top of the guacamole in the bowl (guacamole turns brown fast so you don’t want any air getting to it)
There you have it! It’s such an easy recipe to follow, and it’s fun to mix up the amount of salt, pepper, jalapeños, and lemon juice until you get the flavor you like. Let me know if you guys make the recipe, and how you like it!
A big thanks to Del Monte Fresh for sponsoring this post. All thoughts & opinions are my own.
I receive a lot of comments over on Instagram like "You rock basics so well!" or "You pick the best casual pieces." It makes me stop and think; wow I do wear A LOT of basics. Honestly, I like to be comfortable, and I like to be able to mix & match my pieces. When you buy great basics you can ...
Happy Friday babes! I'm sorry my posting schedule has been a little off this week. I had to switch servers for my blog, so I wasn't able to post as often as usual. I typically post on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Do you guys like that schedule? Sometimes I add in a Tuesday or Thursday post when I ...
I'm so excited to share my first bump date for this pregnancy! I loved sharing them with you guys when I was pregnant with Noah. They are such a fun way for me to reflect on my pregnancy, and also connect with other expecting mamas! By the way, thank you SO much for all of your sweet responses when ...
Happy Thursday friends! I hope you're having a great week. We've been enjoying spending the week with Dylan's mom in town. Noah is a pretty big fan of her, and we love having her visit. Dylan and I have an event later tonight for SXSW, so follow along on Instagram! I've been waiting to post this ...
Happy Wednesday babes! I hope you are having a great week. I don't know if it's the fact that Spring is in the air, or that pants just don't fit me that well right now (15 weeks pregnant over here), but I'm obsessing over dresses. I went shopping last week, and literally just tried on dresses. I'm ...
Let's go ahead and acknowledge Noah in the background before we jump into today's post, LOL. He has been obsessed with opening & closing doors, which includes the doors in my office. It makes it super easy to get work done, ha! Also, this dress is non-maternity, but it's perfect for pregnancy ...