When He Starts School
A big thanks to Shoe Carnival for sponsoring this post. All thoughts and opinions are my own. Happy Monday friends! Today I’m partnering with Shoe Carnival to share a back to school look featuring their amazing collection of shoes. This is my second post with Shoe Carnival. If you missed my first one where I shared back to school memories, you can find that HERE.
When it came to completing our outfits I choose a pair of Nike’s for Noah, and a pair of Sperry’s for me. I was so excited to see this new style from Sperry. I have the traditional boat shoes, and I wear them all of the time. This particular style is extremely comfortable, and the soles are made from memory foam. I could walk in them all day long! Nike’s are always great for Noah because they are very comfortable and fit his wide feet perfectly.
Noah obviously isn’t in school yet. He doesn’t even go to daycare for that matter. I want to spend as much time with my little guy as possible. He will be 5 and enrolling in kindergarten in a blink of an eye. I know how fast these years go, and I’m doing my best to treasure every moment of them.
When he does start school one day I will be a mess. I can totally see these five things happening on his first day of school:
1. Dressing him in an adorable outfit, and taking photos. Obviously!
2. Hiding my tears from him. I will want him to be really excited about his first day, so I wouldn’t want him to think I’m sad about it!
3. Lurking longer than normal during the school drop off. Checking out the other kids to make sure none of them look like bullies.
4. Getting home and crying into my coffee while looking at his baby pictures.
5. Calling the school to make sure he’s doing okay like a total crazy person (probably more than once).
How did you survive your little ones first day of school? Any tips for this mama? Feel free to leave them in the comments! Thanks so much for stopping by. Have a great day!