What To Add To Your Registry For Baby #2
First of all, do you even register for baby #2? It’s an interesting question. I always thought you only had a shower for your first baby, but I’m seeing that it’s more and more common to also have a shower for baby #2. I think it’s a personal opinion, and it might be hard to turn down your best friend when they are begging to throw you a shower for baby #2. I think you should just go with your gut, and do what you want to do.
Funny enough, there are things that I think you should definitely add to your register for baby #2. I’m having a girl this time around, so most of the stuff we have is either gender neutral or very boyish. Luckily I asked for a lot of gender neutral stuff the first time around, so I won’t have to replace too many of the larger items. For me, I think it will be fun to add in some girly items since I really don’t have those, and then some items that I realized would have been really helpful the first time around that I ended up not getting.
I used Gugu Guru to make my registry this time around. It’s one of the coolest websites I’ve been to. The first thing you do when you create your registry is pick out your personal style based on images the website provides. They have you choose your mom style, your baby style, your nursery style, etc. The website has you choose if you plan on breastfeeding, bottle feeding, or mixing both. It asks you a bunch more personalized questions, and then helps to create a product guideline for things you might like. It’s SO helpful, and so easy to use.
Once you have picked out your personal style, you are able to add items that the website recommends, or you can add items from any other website on the internet (so awesome!). You are also able to choose if the items is a must have, or a nice to have. I love being able to browse the recommended products, and get ideas, but I also love just being able to add the items i know that I already want to register for.
I’ll share the actual link to the registry I created on Gugu Guru with you below, but for now let’s chat about items that I think are must haves to add to your registry for baby #2!
- White Noise Machine– Before Noah was born, we used our white noise machine for ourselves every night. We ended up passing it along to him, and now we don’t use one. We totally miss it, but it would be hard to hear Noah if we slept with it on in our room. Noah loves sleeping with the noise machine on at night. It’s totally relaxing, and instantly creates a sleep-inducing environment. It’s perfect for newborns because the sound somewhat mimics the noises they hear in the womb. I’ve added one to our registry for baby girl, because we are going to get her hooked as well, ha!
- Light Weight Infant Car Seat– I made the mistake of getting a super heavy car seat the first time around. I didn’t realize how heavy it would be, but this time around I’m not making that mistake again. I can’t imagine lugging around a heavy infant car seat, and trying to keep a toddler nearby. I have my eye on a few different brands, but I’ve heard amazing things about the Nuna Pipa.
- Double Stroller– If your little ones will be somewhat close in age, a double stroller will be a lifesaver. We have the City Select LUX stroller which also converts to the double stroller, so we are really excited to see how it works for both of our littles!
- Diapers– This is defiently something that everyone can use for baby #2. I would suggest not asking for a ton of newborn sizes, and instead ask for more in sizes 1 and 2. We loved the Pampers Swaddlers during the early months.
- Bottles– We have some bottles left that we could use from Noah, but I think it would be nice to have some new ones for baby #2. I plan on breastfeeding again with baby #2, but I also plan on pumping so Dylan can bond with baby as well. This is what we did last time, and it worked out perfectly.
- Clothes– This especially makes sense if you are having a different gender the second time around. If I was having a boy this time I would just use all of Noah’s stuff, but since I’m having a girl I definitely want to get some cute girly stuff this time around! I did buy some gender neutral stuff for Noah, so I’ll be able to use some stuff, which is great.
- Baby Carrier– If you didn’t get a baby carrier the first time around, I would highly recommend it for baby #2. I’m thinking that having my hands free with two kids is going to be a necessity. I love the ErgoBaby carries, especially the breathable ones since it’s so hot here in Austin!
- Baby Blanket– Your first born isn’t going to want to give up their blanket. I’m looking forward to all things pink, and I’m obsessed with all of the Little Giraffe baby blankets!
- Pacifier– Thinking you might not want to use the same one you used on baby #1? A fresh pack would be great. We loved the Phillips Avent Soothies. He didn’t get addicted to them, and still breastfed perfectly, so I highly recommend these!
- An Awesome Bassinet– I’m super pumped to be testing out the SNOO this time around. This thing looks uh-mazing! With Noah, we actually had him sleep in a Rock N Play and then transferred him to a crib. This time around I’m excited to do a bassinet instead. I think it will be an easier transition to the crib.
Here’s the link to my registry that I’ve created so far so you can get an idea of how Gugu Guru looks & works. Let me know if you have any questions about setting one up for yourself!
A big thanks to Gugu Guru for sponsoring this post. All thoughts & opinions are my own.