20 Things You Might Not Know About Me
Hi friends! I thought I would do something a little different on the blog today and share 20 things you might not know about me. I’ve seen some other bloggers do something similar, and I always love reading these types of posts. It’s fun to get to know other girls I follow, and it’s also fun to get to know my readers. I encourage YOU to leave something about yourself in the comments below. I love hearing from you guys! SO here goes!
- I was born in Michigan, and lived there until I was 12 years old. When I was in 6th grade my family relocated to Indiana where I went to middle school, high school, and college.
- I have an addiction to Mexican candy. I remember the first time I tried it when I lived in Michigan when I was a little girl. One of my friends had some at school, and I was obsessed. There was only one store that carried it in town, and it went out of business. Luckily I live in Texas now, so it’s not hard to find Mexican candy when the craving hits!
- I have a brother and a sister. My sister is 2 years younger than me and lives in Austin as well. My brother is 6 years older than me and lives in Indiana.
- My dad passed away when I was 8 years old. It was sudden, and it was one of the worst days I can remember. I feel like losing a parent at a young age has made me a lot stronger as an adult. It also makes me appreciate everyday on this earth.
- I grew up taking dance lessons. In high school I was on a competitive dance team and traveled for dance competitions. Can I get an amen for tap, jazz, and ballet life? Ha! To this day, I miss dance so much. I always tell myself I need to get back into some classes!
- My sister and I are extremley close. Oftentimes we think the same things at the same time, dress similar, and always crave the same foods. Luckily she lives in Austin, so we spend a lot of time together.
- I studied Apparel Merchandising and Business in college. I thought I was going to graduate and be a buyer at a retail corporate headquarters. I ended up in retail management, and started my first blog during that that job, because I felt uninspired, and was yearning to do my own thing.
- My first blog was a women’s shopping blog. It was more like a website than a blog. I was way too embarrassed to share actual outfit photos of myself. I finally got the confidence to share my first outfit photo years later.
- I love to clean. It’s a total stress reliever. I would always choose vacuuming as one of my chores growing up.
- I’ve always been competitive. When I was younger I would try to finish my math test before everyone else. As soon as I was done I would turn my paper over as fast as I could so I could be the first one done in the class.
- I’m a total homebody. Weekends at home with my family are my absolute favorite. When I was younger we would have family game night on Friday, and we would play board games. I actually loved staying home and hanging out with my family as a kid, and it’s still my favorite thing to do.
- I constantly crave Tex Mex, but whenever I get to the restaurant I eat way too many chips & salsa, and can never finish my meal.
- I broke my elbow performing a cheerleading stunt. Word to the wise: tall people shouldn’t be fliers, and never practice stunts at home, lol. My cheerleading career was short, because I ended up having more of a passion for dance.
- I never thought I would be a blogger who put myself out there, and shared my life online. I’m a pretty private person, so it’s still weird that I ended up doing this.
- One of my favorite parts about blogging is connecting with other women or inspiring someone else to follow their dreams and launch a blog of their own.
- I love to snowboard and wakeboard.
- I’m a girly-girl, but then again I’m totally not.
- I love to put Barefoot Contessa on the tv, pour a glass of wine, and chop up vegetables to prepare a big soup.
- I love to sleep. When I was younger, I would literally tell my mom to put me to bed. I’m still huge on sleep, and don’t function well without it.
- I’m not the best in big groups. I’m more of a one-on-one or small group person, and tend to be on the introverted side
SHOP THE POST:
Now I encourage you to tell me something about yourself in the comments below. It can be anything. I just love hearing from you guys, and learning about you!