Top 5 Baby Swim Accessories
Pool season is in full swing here in Austin, Texas and hitting the pool is a major weekend activity for our family. I love enjoying some time in the sun and lounging by the pool, but when a baby is involved there are a few more things to juggle. We’ve been taking Noah down to the pool lately and it’s been a lot of fun. We try to go in the early morning or later in the evening so he isn’t too hot and we always make sure he gets a spot under the umbrella. Supposedly babies under 6 months aren’t supposed to use sunscreen so we’ve just been keeping him in the shade. I wanted to share my top 5 baby swim accessories with you. Some I have and some are on my shopping list. Please feel free to leave your favorites in the comments!
1. A pool hat. The one Noah is wearing was actually a hand-me-down, but this one is on my to order list because I want one that ties underneath the chin so it will stay on better.
2. Cute swim trunks. I got these ones for Noah in size 9 months and he’s only 5 months. Don’t worry it’s not Target’s fault. I just have a big baby boy! I just love the flamingo print. It’s so cute!
3. A float swim canopy. I’ve seen a few babies with these at the pool and they look like so much fun. This is on my to-buy list. They are currently on sale at Target so I may have to pull the trigger and order it today.
4. UPF sun blanket. I love this one from Coolibar. It would be perfect to throw over baby when their legs may be sticking out into the sun or on the way to the pool so you can protect them! I didn’t even know these existed until I did some recent research!
5. A swim tote to carry everything in. I’m loving this one from Nordstrom because it’s super bright and also functional. It’s a lot easier to throw all of your pool stuff into one designated tote instead of lugging around the entire diaper bag.
Did I miss anything? What are some of your must-haves for a pool day with the baby?