Toddler Bath Time Tips
I still remember the first bath I gave Noah. I was so nervous. He was so tiny and delicate, and I had to be so careful! Bath time has definitely gotten easier since those early days, but there are still some tips that make bathing a toddler a breeze!
- Let them play with the water. I’m not talking about the water in the tub here. Turn on the faucet really lightly and just let them play in the stream. Noah loves to clap his hands around the water. It’s the perfect distraction so I can get him clean!
- Add some toys! Noah loves playing with rubber ducks & other little animals. He also loves those sticky letters that you stick to the side of the tub. We found some good ones that don’t come apart when chewed on, ha!
- Put on some music. Noah loves listening to music while in the tub, plus it’s more fun for me as well.
- Wash them first, and then let them relax and play. I like to get the actual washing out of the way, so he can just have fun during the rest of his bath time.
- Use high-quality products on your little one. My recent favorites are from Skinfix! The collection is free of steroids, nuts, fragrance, soy, gluten, parabens and phthalates and is both Dermatologist recommended and Pediatrician tested. I’m in love with the tear-free Gentle Hair & Body Wash. I use it for his body, his hair, and to make bubbles in the bath! I also follow up with the Gentle Lotion & Gentle Eczema Balm. For some reason he’s had eczema on the top of his feet lately, and this safe + effective balm has been working wonders! I also have been sneaking the Lotion for myself, because it’s so silky smooth! All of the Skinfix products are gentle, affordable, and very high-quality… perfect for the whole family!
What are some of your bath time tips? Do you have any favorite products that you always use? Have you tried out Skinfix? I’m also obsessed with their Healthy Skin collection, and will be sharing them with you guys next month here on the blog, so stay tuned!