So I have a new social media love affair going on, and it’s with Snapchat. Over the last few weeks I’ve really tried to dive into the app and learn the ins and outs. I’ve also been doing some research on how other bloggers are using it. Right now is a great time to jump on the Snapchat wagon and grow your following. It’s really increasing in popularity, and I can totally see why. It’s so addicting!
Here are some Snapchat tips that I’ve learned so far. Feel free to leave more Snapchat tips in the comments. I love learning from you guys!
- If you’re looking to grow your Snapchat following you need to let everyone know what your username is. Shout it from the rooftops. Tell your friends & family first, and then dive into your social media circle. Tell everyone how obsessed you are with it and how much fun you’re having. It really is pretty dang fun. I mean… those funny filters… who wouldn’t love those?
- Pick your most popular social platform and start talking about Snapchat on it. For example for me, Instagram is my most popular social platform. For example if you’re on a trip and you post a photo of the hotel on Instagram, make sure to tell your followers to add you on Snapchat to see more behind the scenes stuff. Make sure to provide your Snapchat username in the comment so they can easily add you.
- Interact with your Snapchat friends! Ask questions & chat with them using the chat feature. You can also do a little Snapchat Q&A where you answer questions that your Snapchat friends may have.
- Snap often, but don’t snap everything. You’ll want to think about Snapchat as a marketing platform. Make sure you are snapping often, but also think about the message you are sending.
- Snap something informational or helpful. Cooking a delicious soup? Share the process with your Snapchat friends. Decorating your bedroom? Snap before and after pictures. I always love watching these types of snaps and it keeps me coming back for more.
Have more Snapchat tips that you would like to share? Leave them in the comments below!
SHOP THE POST: