I don’t know about you guys, but for me setting massive New Years resolutions never works. For me, the only thing that works is setting small resolutions that I know I can keep up with. When I’m able to implement small resolutions over an extended period of time I find myself feeling happy and just better about life in general.
all the same as the above picture, and sunglasses
cozy marled wrap (under $45 and so cozy!)
I decided to set some small resolutions this year, and write them down to help me actually stick with them. Right now they are just on a notepad, but I’m thinking of doing something a bit more permanent with them. I might have to put them in a few places around the house so I don’t forget! Here are some of the small resolutions I’ve jotted down!
- Start off my day with hot water with lemon. This is so good for you, and it also helps me stick to just one coffee a day since this warms me up like coffee does.
- Stick to one coffee a day, I sort of already mentioned that in number 1, ha. More than one coffee leaves me a bit jittery and can be dehydrating. You guys know I love my coffee, so I really enjoy that one delicious coffee I’m allowing myself a day.
- Spend 10 minutes cleaning the kitchen before bed every night. I literally hate waking up to a messy kitchen. I always feel better when I come downstairs to a clean kitchen. Spending just 10 minutes cleaning up before bedtime or before we watch tv at night has really been helping the past few days.
- Post 1 Youtube video a week. You guys know that I started a Youtube channel recently. Please go and subscribe HERE if you haven’t yet! As I’ve mentioned my blog is my main channel right now that I post on consistently at least 3 times a week. I don’t want to take any attention away from my blog, because I love the space I’ve created here. I think I will be able to create 1 Youtube video a week, and I think sticking to that goal will help me keep my focus where it needs to be.
- Make it to the gym 2 times a week. I know 2 times a week doesn’t seem like much, but if I set my goal to 2 times I hope that it will somehow trick my brain into exceeding my goal and going 3 times a week. We will see how that pans out, ha!
- Read 1 book a month. I love to read, but I find myself not having the time lately. I’ve decided that committing to one book a month should do the trick, and I plan on reading for 20 minutes before bed every night. I’m currently reading Chip & Joanna Gaines book and I love it so far!
Did you set New Years resolutions? Big or small? Would love to know! Thanks so much for stopping by today friends!