Five Times I Failed As A Mom Last Week
Being a mom is hard. Somedays are just flat out difficult. If you follow me on Instagram, you might have seem me talking about this in my Instagram stories on Saturday. I hate that us moms put so much pressure on ourselves, but I guess it’s just part of the job. It’s a constant battle of feeling like you’re not good enough, feeling like you’re doing something wrong, or that you’re not doing enough. Am I right?
For some reason last week was rough. I think I’m starting to feel pregnancy hormones, and I was feeling extra emotional. I had a lot of work to do, and I found myself getting behind. I work from home most days with Noah so it’s a constant struggle to be present/get work done. I know some people don’t understand the work that goes into blogging, and that’s ok. For those of you who do understand, you get it.
Deadlines were piling up, bills needed to be paid, the house was a disaster, Noah was wanting a lot of attention, and I was stressed. It was just one of those weeks, and there were at least five times I failed as a mom.
- I Gave In– It can be hard to remain strong during tantrums. Especially when you just want the tantrum to be over so your sanity can return, and you can get stuff done. Noah woke from his nap, and was legit balling in the pantry. He usually has a pouch for a snack when he wakes up from his nap. We only had 2 left, and I gave him the option to choose which one he wanted. He decided he wanted to throw a major fit because he wanted both. I put up with the fit for as long as I could, saying he could only have one, before I gave in & handed him the second one. Total mom fail.
- I Snapped- I don’t typically snap at the little man, so I felt so bad after I did. And wow did he get upset. He is totally not used to mom yelling at him. It made me feel so upset afterwards.
- I Allowed Too Much Screen Time- Noah has a pretty fond obsession with the iPad lately, and I found myself using it as a way to get things done way too often last week.
- I Got Easily Frustrated- When things pile up, and I can’t get them done, I get frustrated. Add on some pregnancy hormones, and you’ve got yourself a lot of frustration.
- I Was Too Hard On Myself- Geesh, us moms need to chill out. We are doing the best we can. I love Noah so much, that I overthink everything I’m doing. I want to make sure that everything I’m doing is in his best interest, and I tend to be really hard on myself.
I want you guys to know that you’re not alone when you fail as a mom. There are so many moms out there who feel the same way. We can’t be perfect 24/7. If someone knows how to be perfect 24/7 please teach me your ways, lol. I feel like my frustration last week, has lead me to understand how to cope with it, and I’m thinking this week will be much better.
All in all, we need to realize that we, as moms, are freaking super humans. So if you’re feeling the same way, don’t fret mama, you’re doing the best you can, and those little people that call you “mama” adore you.
SHOP THE POST: