5 Tips For Working From Home With Baby
I had no clue how hard it was going to be when I went back to work. When I tell people I work from home I get the “Oh you’re so lucky look.” or the “How in the hell do you do that with a baby look?”. Working from home has it’s upsides and it’s downsides like anything else. Throw a baby in the mix and yourself a real juggling act. I thought I would share some tips for anyone who may be going through the same thing.
1. Work When Baby Sleeps.. I know they say sleep when the baby sleeps, but when you’re back at work you’ve got to reach for the laptop instead of the pillow. There are only so many working hours during the day so you have to take advantage of them when you can!
2. Get Help… Designate time when your husband or another family member can watch the baby while you dedicate time to work. This is huge. You can’t do everything alone!
3. Multitask While Breastfeeding/Pumping… Answer emails while breastfeeding. Return phone calls while pumping. I highly recommend a hands-free pumping bra if you want to get work done while pumping. This is the one I have.
4. Keep Nearby In A RocknPlay… The RocknPlay has been a lifesaver in more ways than one. My little guy loves to sleep in it at night and also takes naps in it during the day. I can move it into my office during the day and just reach over to give him a little rock if needed. I seriously don’t know what I would do without it.
5. Stay Calm… This is easier said than done. My first few days back were so stressful. I felt like I wasn’t doing anything good enough. I made mistakes from working too fast. I felt frustrated whenever Noah would cry. I stressed myself out way too much. It’s gotten easier everyday. Just remember that it will get easier and do your best. You’re doing better than you think!
Have any other tips? Leave them in the comments!