Happy Tuesday friends! It’s been a minute since I’ve been here on the blog. We moved into the house, and then basically immediately went on a trip. We went to Vail Village with GoPro, and we had the best time! I got a lot of questions about what I wore on the trip, and how I created my outfits, so I thought I would put together a quick blog post. There will be a full trip review post coming soon, so stay tuned for that!
For this trip, I felt like I had to pack a mix of things that could go together. The highs were in the 80’s and the lows were in the 40’s. I also wanted to keep my outfits really comfortable because we were really active on this trip. Today I’m going to share my top 10 travel outfit essentials that I brought with me on the trip, and wore constantly!
Linking everything in text links in the numbered list below, and also on images below. You can easily click the images to go directly to the item to shop!
- BASEBALL HAT– There’s nothing easier than tossing on a baseball hat when you don’t have time to do your hair. This was often the case during our trip. I found this non branded one at Nordstrom before we left, and I LOVE it. It goes with everything, and I have been looking for one like it forever.
- VERSATILE V NECK TEE- My absolute FAVORITE tee right now. You guys have probably already seen me rave about it on Instagram Stories. I am obsessed with everything about it. The neckline, the tie in the front, the fact that it’s button down, and the little pocket. It’s PERFECTION, and it’s one of those tops that you can just buy in a few colors, and wear all summer long. Make sure to size down one size because it runs a little big. I sized down one size to an x small, and it fits perfectly.
- COMFY TRAVEL PANTS- So I’m a tad obsessed with this pair from Evereve. They are a bit more expensive than I would normally buy, but they are AMAZING. I’m actually wearing the shorts version as we speak. I love the drawstring waist, and how they don’t really wrinkle. Perfect airplane pants! If you don’t want to spend $100, they have some awesome options at Old Navy that I found in store the other day. I will link some of those below.
- JEAN JACKET– A good jean jacket is so essential on a trip. You can toss it on if the plane is cold, and also wear it in the evenings over a dress or with pants & a tee. I brought my favorite jean jacket from Old Navy with me, and wore it quite a bit. It’s the softest jean jacket I’ve ever found, and it’s seriously the cutest. SO many of you guys have scooped it up as well. I actually sized up to a medium in it, and I love the fit. The small was a bit tight on my arms! Oh and guess what? It’s on sale right now!
- BIRKENSTOCKS– Shocker…. LOL…I wear my white pair ALL of the time. The number one question I get asked about them is how do I keep them clean. They are honestly so easy to keep clean. I just get a paper towel damp, and wipe them down every so often. You can also use a magic eraser. Works like a charm! I recently got a new color in Birkenstocks, but I find myself wearing my white ones ALL of the time. They are like a habit that I just can’t quit. You can snatch up a pair at Zappos, linked HERE. Free shipping & free returns! Seriously give them a try, they are the best!
- COMFY LAYERING TEES & TANKS– I found the best ones at Old Navy right before the trip. They are the Luxe material, and they are SO soft. I got a tank, and a tee, and basically wore them the entire trip. They run a little oversized so you can easily front knot them, or tuck them in. They are also really easy to layer under jackets. And they are super affordable. I think they are on sale for around $11! Insane!
- KAREN WALKER DUPES– I’m not a big fan of taking expensive sunglasses on vacation. I would much prefer to bring my $10 dupes, than my $250 pair. These are the only sunglasses I brought on the trip, and I wore them non stop. I’m also not worried about them when I just quickly toss them into my bag without a case.
- COMFY TENNIS SHOES– We did a lot of walking in Colorado, so comfy closed toe shoes were totally necessary. I brought along my grey Nike Roshe sneakers, and wore them a ton. They are the comfiest sneakers I own, and they always have them in multiple color options. They are 25% off right now at Zappos, so if you’re looking for a new pair of Athletic sneakers, I highly recommend these. They have a bunch of colors too!
- LEGGINGS– I brought one pair of black leggings, and was able to wear them with everything. I snatched them up at Old Navy before our trip as well. They are also on sale, and the quality is great for the price!
- ZIP UP HOODIE– This was perfect for chilly nights, and also on the airplane. I wanted another jacket option that was comfier for Emma. She slept on me while I was wearing this one on the plane. It comes in more colors, and is a great light-weight option for summer!
Have any fun trips planned? We don’t have anything planned right now, but we want to get back to Colorado soon, and possibly to Florida to see my parents! Although, we probably should stay put and get some stuff done around this house now! We came back and were like ” Oh.. yeah… kind of forgot we are living in a somewhat construction zone with boxes everywhere still, lol”…
Thanks so much for stopping by today friends!