The Diaper Dilemma
Let’s be real as a first time mom, mistakes are part of the gig. No manual or book prepared me for parenthood. It’s been a learn as you go experience. Like the time Noah decided to squeeze one of his pouches all over our new white rug… a book can’t really help with that. But when it comes to diapers, who knew there were so many factors? It should be easy, right? So you would think…
I thought I would fill you in on a few of the diaper dilemas I’ve encountered thus far…
- The gender of the baby on the box has nothing to do with what kind of diaper you are supposed to buy. I know you’re probably thinking really, Lee Anne? But seriously… at one point I thought that if there was a girl baby on the diaper box that box was for girls and if there was a boy baby on the box that box was for boys. Classic rookie mistake.
- Stock up. Seriously don’t buy little boxes of diapers at a time. Make it easy on yourself. If you’re a Sam’s Club member use Sam’s Club pick-up. It’s the easiest thing in the world. Hop online, order the diapers, pick them up in the store. Get a bunch of free food samples while you’re at it. You’re a mom- you have no time to cook.
- Is your baby puking or spitting up? Check and see if their diaper is too tight. One of our biggest mistakes was fastening Noah’s diaper too tight. I’ve seen some people strap their baby into their diaper like they are sealing off an explosive. It literally makes my stomach hurt. Would you want to sit around with your giant baby belly being trapped by a super tight diaper? Not fun.
- Find the right diaper for your baby. When Noah was a newborn I was all about Huggies Snugglers. They were so soft and fit closely on his newborn body. Now that he’s a bit bigger and crawling/standing I’m a huge fan of the Huggies Little Movers. They contour to move as he moves and have double grip strips to make sure they stay on. They stay in place perfectly and keep things from falling out if you know what I mean.
- Once your baby starts to roll over don’t change them on your new white rug… I totally made this mistake a few times already. Good thing we have a heavy duty carpet cleaner.
Well it’s probably time for me to go change another diaper. What are some of your diaper dilemas?
This post was created in partnership with Huggies. All thoughts and opinions are my own.