The Best Chili Recipe
If you follow me on Snapchat chances are you have seen me whip up a pot of chili once or twice. Today I’m sharing my best chili recipe with you guys, and guess what? I’m doing it on Youtube! Ahh.. so crazy I know! I’ve had so many of you ask for me to share it, so I’m pretty pumped to do so! I’m leaving the actual recipe down below in this blog post for you guys to easily access after watching the video!
Maybe it’s the midwest girl in me, but I love making chili. I’ve been making it for years, and have switched up my recipe a lot. I think I’ve finally mastered the recipe, and you guys… it’s SO delicious. It’s also fool proof. You can add a little more or less of any item and it should still turn out fine. That’s one of my favorite things about making chili and soup!
2 lbs ground beef (I usually get a leaner ground beef, grass fed is best!)
1 large onion, diced
1 red pepper & 1 yellow pepper, diced
2-3 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 tablespoon cumin
2-3 teaspoons smoked paprika
salt & pepper to taste
1/2 cup of beer (dark beer is best)
1 14.5 oz can black beans
1 14.5 oz can kidney beans
1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
1 28 oz can diced tomatoes
- In a large pot sautee the onion & peppers in olive oil. Sautee until the onions are translucent and then add in the garlic and sautee for another minute. Add in the spices and sautee for another minute or two.
- Add in the ground beef and cook through.
- After the ground beef is cooked pour in the beer and add the beans. Mix together. Then add the diced tomatoes and crushed tomatoes and give everything a stir.
- Reduce the heat to simmer and let the chili sit until you are ready to eat. You could eat it right away if you wanted, but I like to let my chili sit for at least an hour.
- Add your desired toppings and enjoy! Chili is even more delicious the next day, so don’t forget to save the leftovers!
I hope you guys love it! Let me know if you make it, and also let me know if you would like to see more recipe videos on Youtube and here on the blog!