Stuff Real Moms Do
One of my least favorite things about blogging is that it makes it seem like life is perfect. Bloggers aren’t perfect, and life is messy for everyone. So while you’re reading those pretty blogs with the high-quality, glossy photos, just know that there’s probably a pile of dirty laundry on the floor in the corner, at least in my case there is.
Today I’m chatting about stuff real moms do. You know what I’m talking about here. Sneaking away in the pantry to chow down on your toddler’s snacks while they aren’t looking. This is just one of the things I’m guilty of. Let’s dive into some more stuff real moms do.
- Look at the clock and count down the hours until bedtime. This doesn’t happen everyday, obviously, I do love my child.. But on those exhausting days, when you just want to lay on the couch and binge out on some Netflix after a long day of work or literally pass out in your bed from not sleeping the night before, you might take a few peeps at the clock and start to count. Am I right?
- Steal your kid’s snacks. I know we’ve touched on this already, but why are their snacks so dang good? Give me all the Annie’s Cheddar Bunnies please!
- Hide your phone. I literally have to hide my phone behind my knees while I’m using it sometimes. Noah is obsessed with my phone, and always wants to play with it. This is totally my fault because I give in and let him play with my phone. Sometimes I’m strong and say no, but other times I give in and let him watch a couple of Youtube videos. You can imagine how stressful this can be when a lot of my work is done from my phone.
- Shave half of their legs. It’s winter, right? No one really sees anything above the knee. Sometimes the bottom half is all I have time for.
- Paint one fingernail for Instagram. This might be more prevalent to blogging moms, but it’s pretty hilarious. Anyone else totally guilty of this? This is pretty embarrassing, but I’ll be the first to admit that I’ve done this. I’m pretty sure that my thumb was the only fingernail painted in this photo . Time is of the essence my friends.
- Put their little ones to bed, and then automatically miss them. Wait, what? I was just counting down the hours until they would go to sleep, and now I’m missing them? #MomLife, it’s crazy.
What are some funny things that you do as a mom? Would love to hear in the comments! Thanks so much for reading you guys, have an awesome day!