How My Second Pregnancy Is Different Than My First
I still can’t believe that I’m almost halfway there with baby #2. It’s crazy how fast the weeks have been flying by. Today I thought it would be fun to talk about how my second pregnancy is different than my first. Being that I am only 20 weeks, I’m sure a lot more things will come up along the way as well!
- I don’t know when my baby is the size of a mango or a grapefruit, ha. During my first pregnancy I was so on top of knowing what was going on each week. I was very diligent about checking my pregnancy apps, and I always knew exactly when I was about to hit the next week. This time around I find myself checking the app just to find out how far along I am. It’s not that I don’t care about this pregnancy as much, I just don’t have as much time on my hands. Being pregnant with a toddler is completely different than being pregnant without a toddler.
- The placenta is posterior (meaning the baby is in front, right near the outside of my belly). With Noah my the placenta was anterior. This time around I can feel SO much more kicking, and I also felt the kicks a lot earlier this time around. I’m really enjoying it, because I can actually see her little kicks on the outside already; it’s crazy!
- I’m freaking tired. During my first pregnancy I wasn’t as tired during the first trimester. I remember having a ton of energy, which is so odd. This time around I was exhausted, and honestly most days I still am. I’m usually in bed every night by 9 pm. I have those days where I’m energized for awhile, but then I get super tired again. I was supposed to be attending the Rewardstyle conference this weekend, but this pregnancy has gotten the best of me. I attended a fashion show last night, and was about to fall asleep in my chair at 8 pm. I find myself longing for naps during the day, and crave 10 hours of sleep a night. Next year I won’t be pregnant around this time, so Dallas I will be coming for you. Hopefully I’ll be back to my energized self soon!
- We are nowhere near having a name picked out. I’m pretty sure we had Noah’s name picked out before the halfway mark. At this point I’m just hoping we have picked out her name by week 40, lol. We have some contenders, but nothing even close to being set in stone yet. Dylan might be to blame for this. He isn’t the best at coming up with names, he mostly just veto’s the names I pick out. Dylan, if you’re reading this, start picking out some names!
- I’m not about to make a birth plan. Don’t get me wrong, I didn’t make a birth plan the first time around either, but I’m just not worried about it as much this time. Whatever happens, happens. This baby has a mind of it’s own and she will come when she’s ready. Noah was 2 weeks late, and I remember being so anxious each day hoping that I would go into labor. This time I’m hoping to just enjoy the time leading up to the birth, and go with the flow.
SHOP THE POST:
Best. Dress. Ever (non-maternity, but works so well for a growing bump, and is perfect for summer!) // Adidas Superstar Sneakers // Sunglasses // Tote Bag (have it in 3 colors, & it’s the bomb.com) // Duster Coat (sold out)
Those are just a few ways that my second pregnancy is different than my first so far. What were some ways your second pregnancy was different than your first? Thanks so much for stopping by today friends, have a great weekend!