What We’re Doing To Prepare For Our Second Baby
Second baby, wow did I just say that? It’s so crazy to believe that our second little one will be here in about 10 weeks. I officially turned 30 weeks on Saturday, and boy this pregnancy is flying! This time around I feel more prepared, so I thought I would share a few things we’re doing to prepare for our second baby today on the blog.
1. Washing Old Clothes, Sheets, and Blankets– I went through all of Noah’s baby stuff, and found so many things we can use for our second baby. I bought a lot of neutral-colored stuff for Noah (lots of grays, whites, and yellows), so luckily I have quite a few things I can use for baby girl. I tossed everything into the washer, folded it, and put it in baby girls room.
2. Stocking Up On Diapers- The last thing you want to be doing when you have a newborn & a toddler is shopping for diapers. We are stocking up on Pampers at Sam’s Club for baby girl, so we do not run out during those early months. The Pampers Swaddlers are my favorite for the newborn stage, because they are the softest diapers that Pampers makes, and they fit a newborn body perfectly! Right now Sam’s Club is running a deal where you get $10 off when you buy 2 Pampers diapers or wipes or $18 back when you buy 3 Pampers diapers or wipes. This works in the store or online (yay for Club Pickup or delivery right to your front door). Such a good deal, because we all know diapers can get expensive!
3. Getting Our First Born Prepared- We’ve been talking about baby girl a lot. Whenever a package arrives for her, Noah gets so excited and hugs whatever is in the package. He has helped me set up her room, and put stuff away. We talk to him about how special it is that he’s going to be a big brother, and try to make him understand it as much as we can at this point. I also just ordered him a book about being a big brother, so I’m excited to start reading that to him a lot.
4. Making Sure Things Work & Buying Batteries– Checking all of your old baby toys, swings, thermometers, to see if they are still working is really important. We just ordered multiple types of batteries because baby things require lots of different types of batteries.
5. Stocking Up On Everyday Essentials- Things that your family uses everyday like toilet paper, paper towels, toothpaste, laundry detergent, dishwashing detergent, etc. It’s great to buy these things in bulk at Sam’s Club as well so you have a good stock of everything before you run out. Also, if this second baby is anything like our first she will be late, so I would hate to order everything ahead of time, and already be out of it when she makes her arrival. Bulk is key in this situation!
I hope that was helpful if you’re expecting baby #2! Thanks so much for stopping by today friends!
A big thanks to Pampers at Sams Club for sponsoring this post. All thoughts & opinions are my own.