The older Noah gets, the more interested he has become in reading books. During the day he likes to look through his books that focus on ABC’s, colors, and counting, but in the evening I try to incorporate more story books.
Story books in the evening are a great way for him to wind down, and also let him know bed time is near. I like sticking to books that insinuate sleep, getting ready for bed, or books that focus around love. I want my little guy to feel sleepy and loved right before he heads off to bed.
Bedtime used to be so much easier. It basically included breastfeeding until he passed out. Now that he’s a toddler there’s a lot more involved. Using the potty, putting on a nighttime diaper, putting on pajamas, brushing his teeth, and reading a book are now becoming the new norm.
These five books are on heavy rotation at our house right now!
- The Little Elephant Who Wants To Fall Asleep – from the same author as The Rabbit Who Wants To Fall Asleep- this is the perfect story time book with all of the sleep inducing words. We usually only get few a couple of pages and he becomes so sleepy! The best book when he is extra hyper and needs to calm down.
- I Love You When – there’s a girl version & a boy version. This book is SO sweet, and happens to be written by my very talented mother
- The Going To Bed Book– this has been one of his favorites since he was a really little guy. It’s short, sweet, and it rhymes.
- Goodnight Moon – this book is a classic. I love the little story and the illustrations. I think we both have it memorized by now.
- I Love You Forever– this is a given. This book is so sweet, and such a tradition in my family.
Now it’s time for a giveaway! To win a copy of The Little Elephant Who Wants To Fall Asleep enter via the Rafflecopter below. It’s super easy! Giveaway open to U.S. residents only and ends on November 21, 2016 at midnight. Winner will be chosen and contacted on November 22, 2016. Good luck!
A big thanks to Random House Children’s for sponsoring this post. All thoughts & opinions are my own.