My Favorite Guacamole Recipe
Dylan and I have been making guacamole for years now, and I feel like we’ve really perfected our recipe. Today I’m excited to partner with Del Monte Fresh to share my favorite guacamole recipe. With summer quickly approaching, guacamole is one of those side dishes I’m always making to bring to picnics and barbecues.
Homemade guacamole is always so much better than store bought, so I don’t mind taking the extra time to make it on my own. Once you have the recipe down, it goes really quickly. Okay, let’s drive right into the recipe! I’m getting hungry as I type this out!
- 2 Del Monte Fresh Avocados
- 1 Tomato, Diced
- 1-2 Garlic Cloves, Minced
- 1/2 Cup Red Onion, Chopped
- Juice from 1/2 a Lemon
- 1/4 Cup Jalapeños (I use the kind in the jar so things don’t get too spicy, feel free to add more or less depending on how spicy you want your guacamole to be)
- 1/4 Cup Cilantro, Chopped
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- Tortilla Chips for Dipping
- Cut avocado in half, remove the flesh, and discard the seed. Mash the flesh with a fork to the consistency of your liking. I like to leave some chunks in mine.
- Add the diced tomato, onion, garlic, lemon juice, jalapenos, cilantro, salt, and pepper. Stir everything together & give it a taste. Do a quick taste test & determine if you need to add more of anything. Taste testing is the best part!
- Once everything is perfected based on your tastes, store the guacamole in an air tight ziplock bag or put saran wrap directly on top of the guacamole in the bowl (guacamole turns brown fast so you don’t want any air getting to it)
There you have it! It’s such an easy recipe to follow, and it’s fun to mix up the amount of salt, pepper, jalapeños, and lemon juice until you get the flavor you like. Let me know if you guys make the recipe, and how you like it!
A big thanks to Del Monte Fresh for sponsoring this post. All thoughts & opinions are my own.