Once you have a baby, date night is HUGE. It’s been something that Dylan and I try to prioritize as much as possible. There’s nothing better than getting out on the town, one-on-one, and spending some quality time together, sans the baby. There are so many great places to enjoy a date night in Austin, but to me the ideal date night comes down to five simple things.
- Getting Dressed Up, but Not Too Dressed Up- There’s something really fun about getting dressed up for date night. I like to take my time, listen to music, and maybe even sip on a glass of wine while getting ready. Obviously if Noah is tugging at my feet this can get interesting. I’m all about dressing up, but not overly dressing up for date night. I still want to be comfortable!
- Not Driving- We like to enjoy a couple of adult beverages during date night, so not driving is obvious! Since Austin got rid of Lyft & Uber we have been taking Fare. The app is super easy to use, and all of our drivers have been awesome!
- Going Downtown– One of our favorite things about Austin is the downtown. We lived downtown when we first moved to Austin, and since moving further out of the city we miss it so much! On date nights we always opt to head downtown!
- Delicious Food & Drink- Date night is when all thoughts about a diet are non existent. We like to enjoy ourselves and indulge! Bring on the dessert! My favorite date night food is either mexican, italian, or sushi! Austin’s mexican food is SO good, and this girl LOVES queso, so anytime I can get mexican food on date night is amazing!
- Going More Than Once Place- When you have a babysitter booked, you’ve got to take advantage of it! Noah goes to bed around 6:30 anyway, so the babysitter on date night (usually my sister) is just relaxing on our couch. We like to grab a drink and appetizer at one place, and dinner somewhere different. If we’re really feeling adventurous we will make another stop for an espresso and dessert! Using Fare makes this process much easier!
SHOP THE POST:
What are your must-haves on a date night? If you’re in Austin, have you tried out Fare yet? It’s a must-have service for date night, and is perfect for all upcoming festivals & events in Austin. Definitely going to be using it during ACL! Thanks so much for stopping by friends!
This post was sponsored by Fare. All thoughts and opinions are my own.