Hi babes! It’s been awhile since I’ve done a bumpdate, so I thought I would share one. I’ve also had a few of you ask about my nursing must haves, so I thought it would be fun to share them today as well!
How Far Along: 32 weeks, 2 days. Time is flying. I meant to do a second trimester must-haves blog post, but this pregnancy has been going so quickly that I never got around to it! Please let me know what other pregnancy content you guys want to see!
Name: We’ve definitely named her (with Noah’s help), and we are so excited to finally meet her in person and see her little face! We are still deciding on the middle name, but I think we are getting close!
Cravings: Anything and everything in site. Although acid reflux has made me slow down on the huge meals. A few weeks before baby I’m planning on implementing a really high fiber diet, because let me just be brief here (there’s nothing worse than taking a #2 after baby is born) You may as well be giving birth to another child. With Noah, I hate all of the hospital food, and didn’t pack any healthy stuff (not happening this time!)
How I’m Feeling: Pretty good, besides just being super tired again. Somedays my energy level is pretty normal, while other days I’m totally exhausted. I’ve been feeling like a bad mom because it’s been SO hot outside, so Noah and I have been spending a lot of time indoors. I get a tad dizzy when I go outside in this heat. I was working out of a coffee shop the other day and was getting so dizzy off and on. I have low blood pressure and I’m slightly anemic during pregnancy, so my body isn’t at his highest performance. I’ve been finding it impossible to work out, so I’m saving that for after the baby is born at this point.
Favorite Maternity Clothing Purchases So Far: Dresses, and lots of them. They are just so much easier than pants at this point. I’ve been wearing lots of cozy tank dresses, and flowy maxi dresses. Some of my favorite purchases during this pregnancy have been sporty dresses. I have two by Adidas that I just love. I’ll link my top maternity clothing purchases in the little slideshow below for you guys!
Movement: An insane amount. I think I already told you guys about this, but the placenta is in the back, so baby girl is right in the front making her movements really visible. Sometimes her kicks are so startling, and they can actually be uncomfortable! She’s definitely a little mover!
Daddy is: Getting more and more excited like me. With excitement also comes the nervousness about parenting two children, which we are both a tad nervous about (who isn’t!?). We have been making it a priority to spend time together just us, as well as time together just the 3 of us as a little family.
Nursery Progress: We have all of the main pieces put in place! I just need to add some decor pieces. I also need to find a lamp (haven’t decided if I’m going to do a standing lamp or a table lamp… still on the hunt!) Can’t wait to share the nursery with you guys, here are some of the items we’ve gotten so far:
So when it comes to nursing must haves, I will probably keep this somewhat short, and do a more detailed post later… so stay tuned for that! I nursed Noah for a little over a year, so I spent a lot of time nursing, and there are a lot of things to talk about here!
- Nipple Cream– This Lansinoh Nipple Cream is a freaking life saver you guys. Order it right now, and put it in your hospital bag as soon as it comes in the mail. You will need this to save your nipples!
- Good Nursing Bras– I lived in nursing bras for the first year of Noah’s life, and I know it’s going to be similar this time around. I wore comfy ones without wires or padding around the house. I loved THIS ONE without padding last time around. For days when I’m out and about and want some support, THIS ONE is a great option.
- A Hands-Free Pumping Bra- There were times when I would pump so that Dylan could feed Noah a bottle, or I could just get out of the house for awhile. This hands-free pumping bra was so amazing! I could basically set myself up to pump, and get work done on my computer or phone while pumping. I have no idea how people hold the bottles up to their boobs and do it!
- Nursing Tanks- I lived in nursing tanks after Noah was born, and I always slept in them. I love the ones with built in bras so that you don’t have to wear a bra as well. You just unclip the strap, and you’re ready to nurse. I love THIS ONE and THIS ONE.
- A Good Nursing Pillow- I basically lived strapped inside of THIS NURSING PILLOW. I literally would walk around with it attached to me most days. It was like my own little island, lol. I liked this one the best, because it was the most sturdy.
One last thing, since you all know that the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale opens up to card holders on Thursday, I’m participating in a Nordstrom Gift Card giveaway with some other bloggers! Good luck babes!
Simply enter below by completing the rafflecopter.
You’ll receive one entry per completion.
This giveaway is open internationally and runs until 7/24.
Winner will be announced here. Good Luck!