I’ve had a couple of you ask about new mom & baby essentials for the first month. I love writing posts like this because I will be in this situation in literally a month from now! I scoured through the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale again to narrow this post down to 10 categories. Not all items are in the sale, but most are! I’m also planning on doing more posts like this with other products as well like household items, baby gadgets, items for self-care, etc…so stay tuned!
- Car Seat & Stroller – These two are a must for the first month, and sometimes they feel like they can be the hardest thing to make your mind up on. Let me just tell you that the Nuna Car Seat is incredible. The one I had with Noah was so heavy, that I’m pretty sure I did damage to myself by carrying it, LOL. Having a light weight, yet super cozy car seat is key. I love that this set is included in the Nordstrom Sale this year. You get the car seat & base, stroller attachment, and then the additional seat attachment that fits baby up to 50 lbs!
- Swaddle Blankets– I love this brand of swaddle blankets. I used these with Noah, and they are the best. They are really easy to swaddle baby with, and they are light weight so baby doesn’t get too hot. I love that they have a boy and girl version in the sale!
- Nursing Bra– A good nursing bra is key during the first month! One that is super comfy is also really important. I like to get one that I can sleep in and wear all day around the house like this one, and I also like to grab one that has more support like this one to have on hand as well.
- Cute Robe or Kimono- Robes & kimonos are huge during the first month, because honestly sometimes you just don’t want to get dressed. I love this one because it’s really feminine and pretty. If you’re into prints, it also comes in a bunch of prints. It’s on sale for the Nordstrom Sale for $42! I also love these & they you can get a pack of 2 for $60. They are jersey fabric which is super comfy!
- Diaper Bag Backpack– I’m in love with the diaper bag backpack trend, and honestly it’s way better than carrying a shoulder bag. Having free hands as a mom is so helpful. I love this black one that’s part of the Nordstrom Sale. My really good friend Callie just got it, and it’s even more adorable in person. She is loving it for her baby girl so far. I also am obsessed with this pink one. It’s not in the sale, but it’s the same price as the black one so I wanted to include it. It’s so freaking cute (pretty pink biased over here though, ha!).
- Joggers– You guys know I’m jogger obsessed. Joggers are basically a mom must-have any day of the week, but they are pretty dang handy the first month after baby is born. You want to be cozy, but you also want to look cute, and these joggers are my favorite. I ordered my normal size small, and they are a little tight now, but I think they will be perfect after the bump goes down a little bit. They are on sale for $37 in the Nordstrom Sale!
- Bottles– Even if you plan on nursing exclusively, it’s always good to have some bottles on hand. You never know what’s going to happen honestly. I exclusively nursed Noah for over a year, but still needed bottles. When he was born, they thought he wasn’t gaining enough weight, and he was having issues latching so I had to pump and feed him with a bottle as well. It’s always good to be prepared for whatever, and I’ve heard this brand is perfect for nursing babies. I can’t wait to try them out this time around with baby girl!
- Cozy Blanket– We never put a blanket in Noah’s crib, but we would always use a blanket for travel or around the house. We would use it over his car seat when it was cold outside, and also just to put on him if we were holding or cuddling him. I got this one in pink for baby girl, and I’m so excited about it. It’s the softest blanket, and it comes in a bunch of colors! You can check out more blankets from Little Giraffe HERE
- Onesies– Let me just be honest here, easy baby clothes are essential during the first month. Stuff with a ton of zippers and buttons just isn’t happening. You really don’t want to make life hard on yourself during the first month, lol. Getting to that diaper quickly during the middle of the night is more important than your baby wearing some crazy outfit for pictures. Remember to not over order newborn size, because baby grows so fast. Noah was 9 lbs, 5 oz when he was born, and he literally wore newborn clothing for less than 2 weeks. I ordered much more things in size 0-3 months, than I did in newborn. Nordstrom has a ton of quality onesies like this one in the sale, but you can also check at Target for onesie bundles. Carter’s is also an amazing brand for onesie bundles!
- Nursing Wrap/Scarf– It’s so great to have some sort of nursing coverup (especially during that first month when nursing is pretty new). I loved having a wrap like this when Noah was born. I had a lot of family in town that first month, and I wasn’t super comfortable flashing everyone LOL. This one is really cute, and is on sale for under $20 right now!
You can shop this post by clicking on any of the links specifically to the items I mentioned in the list above, or by clicking on the items below!
Thanks so much for stopping by today babes. I hope that this post was helpful, and keep your recommendations for new posts coming. I love it when you guys share your ideas for post topics!