How is my baby boy officially a toddler? I had heard a few people calling their one year old a toddler and I decided I needed to google at what age a baby officially becomes a toddler to make sure. A baby officially is considered a toddler at age one, boo hoo for time going way too quickly!
When Noah was a baby he loved when I would read to him. He would sit there and just stare at the pages. Now that he is much more active he likes to open the books himself and point to things. I’ve noticed that he’s not quite ready for the books where you open the flaps, because he actually rips them out & then proceeds to shove the paper in his mouth. Maybe that’s only my kid? LOL.
Here are our top 5 favorite toddler books at the moment! Feel free to leave yours in the comments. I’m on a book kick right now, and am trying to snatch up some new ones!
- The Going To Bed Book (he’s been obsessed with this one since he was a tiny baby, maybe because we would read it almost every night before he went to bed for awhile)
- That’s Not My Plane (my mother-in-law got this book for him recently, and although it makes no sense really, it’s great because it rhymes and it’s repetitive)
- Guess How Much I Love You (this book reads more as a story, and I think it’s great transition book from baby to toddler)
- Nap-A-Roo (short, sweet, and adorable photos, plus it rhymes, so Noah loves it)
- What Rhymes? (the perfect book for pointing & learning what things are)
- I Love You When (my mom is an author, and she wrote this book. It’s so adorable, and there’s one for boys and one for girls!)
SHOP THE POST: