In my opinion, the third trimester is the hardest time to dress the bump during pregnancy. Some days I walk into my closet, look around, let out a huge sigh, and just put on a t-shirt & a pair of Dylan’s boxer shorts or pajama pants. I’m not kidding. It can be really hard to get motivated to look cute during your third trimester. Nothing really fits that well, your super uncomfortable, and tight clothing can legitimatley cause contractions.
Luckily during this pregnancy, I’ve been able to experiment with a ton of different types of clothing through blogging. I wanted to write this post to help one of you who might be entering your third trimester, and need some tips on what to wear. I’ve been going through my third trimester during the summer, but I’ll also include some great options for if you will be in your third trimester during the fall, spring, or winter as well.
DRESSING THE BUMP THIRD TRIMESTER
- JOGGERS– Joggers have been my life during this pregnancy. Not only are they super cute, but they are so comfy. I’ve either sized up in regular joggers, or purchased maternity joggers. Some joggers I’ve been able to wear in my normal size, and I just push them down under the bump.
- BUMP-HUGGING TANK DRESSES- These are SO comfy. The great thing about tank dresses is that you can wear them during the summer, or layer a cardigan over them in the winter. This one has gotten me all the way through pregnancy, and it’s non-maternity. It’s amazing!
- COZY CARDIGANS– Cardigans are perfect for pregnancy. You can pair them with a camisole & maternity leggings or jeans for a complete look. Plus, they transition perfectly into postpartum & can work as a nursing cover over a maternity tank.
- SNEAKERS– Sneakers are a pregnant person’s best friend. I ditched heels long ago, and have solely relied on sneakers, flats, and sandals at this point.
- COMFY CAMISOLES- I bought this one for the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale, and am obsessed with it. The material is super stretchy so it works well with a bump. You can also opt for a cute maternity camisole or tank.
- MATERNITY JEANS– I think it’s important to invest in one good pair of maternity jeans during your pregnancy. I’m in love with this pair, and have worn them throughout my entire pregnancy. I love that they don’t look like maternity jeans, and that they are distressed.
- MAXI DRESSES- There’s nothing more perfect for pregnancy, than a good maxi dress. I’ve been living in maxi dresses my entire pregnancy, and they are perfect for the third trimester! This one has been one of my absolute favorites throughout the summer. It comes in multiple colors, and is to cute over a bralette!
- MATERNITY LEGGINGS– If you’re pregnant in the fall or winter, maternity leggings are essential with a tunic or camisole & cardigan. I love these maternity moto leggings by Ingrid and Isabel. If I was going to be pregnant this winter I would have already bought them!
- ROOMY TUNICS- Free People has been my favorite brand for roomy sweaters, tops, and tunics during my pregnancy, and this one is so freaking adorable. You can easily pair tunics with maternity jeans, leggings, or shorts during your third trimester.
SHOP THE POST: