Let’s start off by acknowledging how squishy and adorable Noah is in this picture? Thank heavens I’m pregnant again, because this picture gives me automatic baby fever! I have a lot of pregnant friends right now, so baby showers are on my brain. It can be hard to know what to get an expecting mom, if you aren’t a mom yourself. Sure you can stick to the registry, which is a good idea, but it’s also fun to give a thoughtful baby shower gift. I like to look back at when Noah was first born, and think about all of the things that I used, and didn’t use. I also like to think of those things that were total lifesavers in the beginning weeks!
- A Prenatal Massage Gift Card– This is the ultimate relaxation time for any mama to be. I remember how relaxed I felt when I went to get my first prenatal massage. It was such a nice time for me to get pampered, and reflect on the fact that I was about to become a mom for the first time. This isn’t a gift most people think about, so it will be a unique one, that she will love. I promise.
- A Meal Train Calendar– This will take a little more time, but it will be so worth it; she will love this gift. Reach out to all of her local friends via, and plan a meal train calendar (basically have people sign up for days they can bring a meal by after baby is born). This can be tricky because babies can come early or late, so go ahead and just leave the exact dates off. Just start 3 days after the baby is born, and make it up that way. So the first person will being a meal on day 3 which will most likely be the first day baby is brought home, and then add in friends for the days after.
- Date-Night Gift Card– Once baby comes, date night gets put on the back burner for a little while. Treat the mama to be to a gift card that her and her husband can use before the baby comes. That evening will be really special to her, and to her husband. It’s always nice to get out and spend quality one-on-one time together before baby is born.
- Something That Your Baby Loved- If you’re a mom, think of those items your little one loved so much, and get those for your friend. Also think of those things that were complete life-savers for you as a new mom. For me, Noah was obsessed with the hands-up swaddle, so I’ve already given that to one of my friends who is expecting soon. Another must-have for us in the beginning was the rock n play. Noah spent so much time napping in that thing, and I could easily fold it up and take it along with me.
- Maid Service Gift Card– This would have been amazing for right before Noah was born, and also for after! It can be hard to keep up with house cleaning with a newborn. It also is nice to have a good deep cleaning done right before baby is born, so when you arrive back home everything is nice and clean! If you like to clean and want to save some money, offer to do it yourself. Give her some days/times you would be available and show up with your scrubbing gloves on!
- Something Handmade– I’m a total grandma, and love to crochet. I’ve made blankets for people in the past, and they always love them. They have specific cozy baby yarn that you can buy. If you can sew or knit, I’m sure you can come up with something even more amazing!
- Meal Delivery Subscription– Total lifesaver! I’m not talking about the ones that deliver you ingredients to cook with. I’m talking about the ones that deliver fully cooked meals, so all the new mama has to do is pop her meal in the microwave. My favorite meal delivery subscription service is Freshly! All of the meals are so delicious, and it makes life so easy. You can actually use code ig639 to get $20 off a 6 meal plan.