Date night. Those two little words light me up. There’s nothing better than getting an offer to babysit from your parents so you can take a date night. My parents are visiting from Indiana and my mom texted me on Monday morning and urged Dylan and I to take a date night. Maybe she sees how all we do is work and wants us to go have some fun? Ha! Needless to say we were pretty pumped.
Taking a date night seems easy, but it really isn’t. We all get caught up in our everyday life and making time for date night gets put on the back burner. I remember Dylan and I pledging to take a date night once a week when we first had Noah. Ha, that didn’t work, but we’re trying to be better about it. Especially when we have free babysitters in town!
Some major signs that you need to take a date night are:
- You haven’t had a conversation that doesn’t involve your child, money, bills, or work in a long time
- You don’t remember the last time you tried to look good for your husband. “Doesn’t he like when I wear sweatpants and t-shirts all day?” I mean I totally get dressed up for Instagram. That counts right? Ehh no.
- You haven’t applied a full face of makeup in weeks. Lipstick? How do I use that again?
- You forget what its like to be in the car without a little person screaming in the backseat
- Your idea of an awesome time is putting the little ones to bed and binge watching Netflix
SHOP OUR DATE NIGHT LOOK BELOW:
I’ve been guilty of every single one of the above signs. What about you? What did you do on your last date night? If you haven’t had one in awhile, get one on the books my friend. It’s quite the refresher!